dragon skills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 verias

verias

Dragon Novice

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:43

Hi i just captured an umbral glare with 10 skill slots and i was wondering what skills i should transfer.

He has glacier strike and life sharing or something ( the one with 2% life)
Also im upgrading str int and con.

Was planing on puting life reflux and another heal on him.

Any idea what skills will be good on him?
Btw im guardian

#2 verias

verias

Dragon Novice

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:34

1 more question. If u transfer a lvl 5 skill. Does it go back to lvl 1 or stay lvl 5

#3 Baethul

Baethul

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:13

Hi there! Congratz on your new companion!

Well it's a tough question to answer actually, for the simple reason that you may have a picture of what you want your dragon to do that differs from others opinion of what it should do, hopefully that made sense.

So this is what I would advise while still allowing you to freely choose the abilities you would ultimately like. 

First, you should look at your dragon's main stat trait (ie: What's higher in its stats at base taming level, STR, INT?) since even if you scale all the stats there will always be one that shines out amongst them and out-scales the others (With ancients that's usually STR, subject to the dragon though) from there, decide on its purpose - Do you want a healing dragon, a tanky dragon or just a damage dealer.

Once you've decided on that have a look at the different passives/actives available that provide the synergy you're looking for, an example:

If you wanted to have a tanky dragon, it would be a good idea to have a look at teaching it Tough Skin and Soul Stun to provide extra defense, from there perhaps having the two taunt actives would be a good idea as well to keep them off you and other players.

You should have a look at the available skills and plan them all out before you even start, since removing unwanted ones can become quite costly. Why not tell us what you current plans are for all the slots and type of dragon you want and then we can discuss the usefulness of each before you start training them :)?

Take a look at this link as well, it lists all the currently known dragon skills (perhaps a few missing and yet to be found)

http://www.dphqs.com....php?page_id=19

Also to answer your second question - once you transfer or teach another dragon a skill, it will always be at rank 1 on the new dragon, however, in field training it will still show that you can learn that same skill since you can train the other ranks over :)

Edited by Baethul, 11 July 2013 - 07:20.

sig.jpg

#4 verias

verias

Dragon Novice

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:27

Main stat is str. And i would like my dragon to have good damage and if possible with a heal. Since that can be pretty usefull. Also some cc skils like freeze and stuff would be usefull

#5 verias

verias

Dragon Novice

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35

Was thinking maybe paralizing current healing reflux and healing wind.

He already has glacial strike and life sharing.

So after maybe some extra boosts to stats ?

Edited by verias, 11 July 2013 - 08:16.

#6 Baethul

Baethul

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:50

*edit: I forgot to add in Paralyzing current which you mentioned*

Alrighty! Let's take a look at the slots as we go along then, for slots 1 and 2 out of ten he has Glacial Strike and Life Sharing.

In terms of healing, I have found that generally combining Healing Wind and Life recovery ends up in quite a decent amount of healing for both you and the dragon, personally I find it more useful since it is instant in those tight spots where you or your dragon fall to dangerous health levels. Considering it's STR based, Cyclone assault is a great way for it to deal damage so I definitely can say it is a must have for a damage type dragon. Also considering some stats, Tough Skin is always a good idea if your dragon is rather large and stationary (Ancients are a great example) just so it can withstand that little extra bit of damage.

Talking about damage, I personally like to bolster a STR dragon's basic attacks since it is their main source of damage most of the time, so adding things like Shattering Strike and Mighty Strike is a good idea - powerful sweep and monster clash is nice for dragons that sweep a lot, but ancients seem to strike about 67% of the time and sweep 33% of the time. At the moment, I usually only stick to Cyclone Assault for the main reason that OI (Obliterating impact) seems to have some targeting issues right now, personal preference there though. The last two slots are great for anything like Stat boosts to STR/Fero or even the phys dmg bonus to owners, you could also consider other defensive abilities such as Dragon's gift etc.

Of course this boils down to personal preference, so let us use the template below, keep and add what you agree on, remove what you don't agree on and we can discuss from there :D

1 - Glacial Strike           (CC Strike Passive)

2 - Life Sharing             (Passive hp boost)

3 - Healing Wind           (Active Heal)

4 - Life Recovery          (Active Heal)

5 - Cyclone Assault       (Active Damage)

6 - Tough Skin              (Passive Defense Boost)

7 - Shattering Strike      (Passive Strike Enemy Debuff)

8 - Mighty Strike            (Passive Strike Damage Boost)

9 - Paralyzing Current   (Active CC)

10 - 

Edited by Baethul, 11 July 2013 - 10:53.

sig.jpg

#7 verias

verias

Dragon Novice

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:16

Looks good . Thx. Is focus enchantsment a real skill ? Doesnt that boost all dragon stats ? If not then maybe str enchantsment is any good
Looks good . Thx. Is focus enchantsment a real skill ? Doesnt that boost all dragon stats ? If not then maybe str enchantsment is any good

#8 Baethul

Baethul

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:03

Not a problem and yes it exists it's called Focus Will, focus increases physical defense and armour penetration I believe. So for that one its really up to you :)

sig.jpg

Choose your language:

English Deutsch Français Spanish Polish Turkish