Dragon Cosplay Summit 2013
Competition Rules and Terms of Participation
The Dragon Cosplay Summit is a cosplay event organized by Infernum Productions AG, Berlin, (“Infernum”) for the European cosplay community. Participants are asked to submit cosplay designs that are inspired by the Dragon’s Prophet universe. The event features a community vote for top prizes and will culminate in a live show at gamescom 2013.
Competition Format: Cosplay entries are limited to one costume per contestant. You must select a source of Dragon’s Prophet origin which your costume is based upon. Entries will be judged on craftsmanship, creativity and relevance to the world of Dragon’s Prophet.
The Dragon Cosplay Summit will have 3 phases:
1. Submissions Phase (20th June - 31st July 2013 at 23:59 CEST)
2. Path to gamescom – Community Vote (Monday 5th August - Sunday 11th August 2013 at 23:59 CEST)
3. gamescom 2013 Live Event (22nd - 25th August 2013)
4. Award Ceremony Saturday, 24th August 2013, at the Koch Media Stage
Please Note: For Cosplayers using weapons as part of their costume, can you please review the gamescom Weapon Law Regulations here and ensure that you are adhering to them.
1. Participants must be 18 years or older on or before August 1st, 2013 in order to enter.
2. User generated digital content based on the Dragon’s Prophet IP and featuring content from Dragon’s Prophet is property of Infernum. By submitting your content to the Dragon Cosplay Summit 2013, the participant grants Infernum full usage rights and transferable rights of usage to publish, print, broadcast or utilize the content, for press or commercial purposes. By participating in the Dragon Cosplay Summit, participants agree to have read, understood, and accepted these terms.
3. By participating in the competition, participants agree to represent Infernum at the gamescom 2013 on Saturday 24th August 2013. Notification about a potential inability to attend must be provided as soon as participants receive notification that they have been selected for the voting phase between Thursday 1st and Sunday 4th August 2013, and will result in cancellation of participation.
4. To be eligible to compete in the submissions phase, you must be either a permanent resident in one of the following European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
5. Costumes must be based on the Dragon’s Prophet universe. You may not submit costumes from other games, movies, books, brands or Intellectual Property.
1. Cosplay costumes must be hand-made. Pre or ready-made costumes will not advance through the submissions phase.
2. All participants must design a costume around the source material provided, or an outfit which is heavily inspired by the Dragon’s Prophet universe. If a participant chooses to design a new outfit, it must feature the “Mark of the Osira” as a prominent part of the costume design and not digitally inserted (Link to Mark of the Osira: http://bit.ly/14ZwE43). Participants are free to choose their own hairstyle and character design.
3. It is possible for friends, family or others to assist with the participant’s costume design, however, participants cannot request help in the form of a paid commission or production of an outfit without the participant’s assistance.
4. The reworking or modification of ready-made parts (such as boots, scarves, wigs, props) into a participant’s costume design is acceptable.
5. Costumes must be entirely new designs for the competition. Outfits which have been entered into a different event, including but not limited to other events organized by Infernum, will not be permitted.
6. Image retouching is allowed, however, graphic drawing or insertion of effects or heavy digital manipulation is prohibited. If in doubt, Infernum reserves the right to request provision of the original photograph.
7. Participants are actively encouraged to choose a unique or special location for their photographs. It is up to the participant what setting or backdrop they wish to use for their photo shoot.
8. Participants will not be compensated for the production of their costume or for the photo shoot of their costume. However they retain physical ownership of their final costume.
SUBMISSIONS PHASE RULES
1. All submissions for the Dragon Cosplay Summit must be received by Wednesday 31st July 2013 at 23:59 CEST. Entries must be sent via the form on the competition page.
2. Any entries received later than the closing date for submissions will be excluded from participation in the competition. However, the final show at gamescom on Saturday 24th August will be open to any cosplayers from the general public who attend the convention with a valid gamescom ticket.
3. The final decision regarding submissions that appear on the voting page will be made by Infernum. Entries that do not adhere to the contest rules may be removed at discretion.
4. Photos submitted to the competition must be in JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG or BMP format and under 5MB in size. A maximum of 5 photos can be uploaded for submission. We encourage participants to submit photos in the highest possible resolution that they can provide.
5. All submissions must abide by the COSTUME RULES stated in this Rules document.
6. Participants can freely publish images of their costumes in progress, however, their finished designs that are submitted for the submissions phase cannot be published until Monday 5th August 2013.
7. Infernum asks participants to link to the Dragon Cosplay Summit tournament page when publishing any content relating to the event from June 20th onwards.
VOTING PHASE RULES - Path to gamescom
1. The voting phase will commence on Monday 5th August 2013. Following the submissions phase, 10 cosplay outfits will be selected by Infernum to be included in the community voting phase. The cosplays chosen will be at the discretion of Infernum.
2. The community voting phase will last exactly 7 days and voting will end on Sunday 11th August 2013 at 23:59 CEST.
3. The top 3 participants with the highest number of votes on Sunday 11th August 2013 at 23:59 CEST will be granted a trip to gamescom 2013 for the finals ceremony. The first, second and third place finalists will be determined by the community vote.
4. Participants are free and encouraged to promote their costume design via their personal website, social media channels, blog, forums or word of mouth. However, attempting to offer rewards or prizes for votes is strictly prohibited.
5. A maximum of one vote per unique IP is permitted. Infernum will track participants who attempt to break the rules or abuse bot systems or exploits to try and obtain more votes.
6. If Infernum finds conclusive proof that a participant has attempted to break the rules in order to increase vote count, they could face permanent exclusion or removal from the contest.
7. The 3 finalists who are voted for by the community to attend gamescom will have travel, accommodation and a ticket to gamescom covered by Infernum.
8. The estimated cash value of the complete prize packages is as follows: €3,500 for first place, €2,500 for second place, €1,000 for third place. The total value of the prize package cannot be exchanged for monetary compensation.
gamescom 2013 Event
1. Participants have agreed to represent Infernum at gamescom on Saturday 24th August 2013. Should a participant be unable to attend due to sickness or other reasons, Infernum must be provided notification at least 1 week prior to the live event on Saturday 24th August.
2. Costs of travel, accommodation and gamescom tickets for the full duration of gamescom will be covered by Infernum for the Top 3 participants. The accommodation and travel provided for participants will be booked at the discretion of Infernum.
3. During the gamescom finals, the Top 3 participants will agree to participate in a live show where they will display their costume in front of a live audience on Saturday 24th August. They should also prepare their performance prior to the event and participate in a rehearsal session.
4. The participant agrees that Infernum retains non-exclusive rights to photographs and media assets pertaining to the gamescom 2013 show.
5. Participants agree that during gamescom 2013, they will be available on Saturday 24th August to participate in the live show, award ceremony and will be able to take part in press, video and question and answer sessions.
6. In the event that a Top 3 participant is unable to attend the gamescom appearance, the prize package will be distributed to the next participant from the voting phase with the most applicable votes.
7. Adjustments or improvement of costumes for the gamescom 2013 live show is permitted providing that any changes still adhere to the COSTUME RULES.
8. The live show at the gamescom event will feature a judging panel who will provide a special Dragon’s Prophet reward to a selected participant from the Top 3 and the general public. The panel’s decision will not affect the prize distribution for the Top 3 winners from the Path to gamescom voting phase.
9. The Dragon Cosplay Summit 2013 live show at gamescom 2013 will be open to all gamescom attendees. Infernum will publish a “Photo Wall” featuring the outfits of attendees and will provide prizes to members of the general public who attend gamescom dressed in a Dragon’s Prophet themed outfit.
If you have any questions regarding the rules or terms of participation, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Infernum Community team will provide an answer to your question as soon as possible.