#1 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 18:47

Monstermadness's Complete Guide for “Rangers”

30dcvar.jpg

This guide has been made to help people who are in doubt of rolling an archer and if they do, what is the best to go with. This guide shows what I think works best with a Ranger, I was the second level60 Ranger on Osira server and discussed this with other lvl60 Rangers as well.

Rangers, What are they?

Rangers are a ranged DPS class who uses a bow or Shield/Gunblade.

They find there way to blend into the nature to defeat there enemies.

To know the ranger you will have to know the basic stuff.

Weapons

At the moment the ranger has the choice between 2 sorts of weapon sets

1: 2handed bow

2: One-Hand gunblade with a shield

More weapons will be added later like: 2h Gunblade or 1h bow with Shield(According to the website)

Armor

Ranger main armor is light armor. Also they can go for Cloth armor

if they really want to. And as mentioned above they use shields for even more defence.

Attribute Points

Strength :This increases your Physical Damage and Physical Defence (Around 2 per point)

Constitution :This increases your Health Points (Around 20 per point) and Health Regen

Ferocity :This increases your Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage

Intelligence :This increases your Magical Damage and Magical Defence

Focus :This increases your Armor Penetration and Physical Defence

Charisma :This increases your Dragon summoning time, makes it easier to capture them and raises dragons stats

Dragon Affinity :This increases your Percentage of Magical Damage and Magical Defence

Dragons

Dragons are very important if you will solo around a lot.

They can help you a lot in dungeons, grinding and even more.

I advice you to take a dragon with an AoE taunt or AoE Heal.

One of best AoE heals I've seen so far is “Angels Embrace”

Con and Pro's

Pro's

-Long range Physical attack

-Perfect Mix of Ranged and Melee combat

-Can kite a lot with basic attacks

-Nice damage in single and AoE targets

-Very tank with Shield, right stats and Masteries

Cons

-Requires good timing and movement for knock ups

-1 Mistakes with pulling or healing can kill you

-Just 1 basic skill is ranged

Masteries

As Masteries I dont have actives, just passives (Shown screenshot)

Gun Masteries:

2na0i7k.png

Bow Masteries:

2vjqvj6.png

Attribute Points

As in every game, setting your attribute points in the right way, will help your character a lot.

Im going to explain what I'm using and why, but ofcourse you can still set your own.

For leveling I use Full Constitution to increase my hp. A lot of people will say im crazy, but trust me.. it works best. The reason for that, is that Str. does not give a lot of damage at all. I used to be 2str. 1Focus. Didnt work at all. Then I went full Constitution and I gained like 3k HP at lvl60 and I only went down 150 Psychical Damage. So that was a trade I was like to make. This will give you a lot of survivability and almost the same damage to mobs.

And ofcourse, if you really want that high level ancient (55 or 65 one) you can go full Charisma to catch them. (I can reach almost 475 Charisma with pots)

AoE Solo/Duo Grind/Dungeon

When you want to solo or Duo with someone, try using a Shield/Gunblade for the extra survivability

so you wont die before you killed the mobs.

As for skillorder when you use AoE skills (Make it easier to run dungeons and grinds faster)

Step 1: Grab a fair number of mobs (I take 15-20 most of the time)

Step 2: Get them all infront of you (Not behind you! You wont be damaging them then)

Step 3: Q 3x Left Autohit Q 1x Again (Do this till your action points are out)

Step 4: Use R to dodge away and fire 3x Basic Attack following with Right Click attack (This will regain your action to 60%

(Optional(5))

Step 5: Use Nr.3 Skill to regain your HP (If you have that Masteries at lvl35)

Step 6: Repeat the steps till they are dead

Step 7: Profit!

Skillorder Dungeons Party (3man/5man/) (Survival will be a different topic)

Ranger are the only ranged Physical damage dealers and can do a lot at long range with basic attacks.

If you have a tank or oracle that can take the mobs and bosses I advice to get a bow for the little bit of extra damage

For the adds that are in the dungeon, use the same as done above (AoE Solo/Duo). But the bosses are a different story. As a ranger you dont want to get near them as they deal a lot of damage. Just stay in the biggest range you have and pew pew pew!

Dragon Soul Skills

Dragon soul skills are one the most important things in game, as they can heal you for a lot, or boost you damage a lot. As you can only equip 5 of them I list the 5 that I think are best.

Slot 1: Angels Embrace (or Light well) I prefer “Angels Embrace” as it moves with you and Light well does not

Slot 2: Squama Protection, this will boost you defence by 15% for magic and 15% for magical, and thats a nice boost to what you already have.

Slot 3: Total Defence, this wards off the first attack that hits within 15seconds, I used this because its good for when you know you cannot dodge a boss attack and it deals a lot of damage. (Like survival mode)

Slot 4: Blood Pumping, this thing is the most awesome ingame, not that it will only increases you damage by 30% for 15sec, it also makes you grow bigger!

Slot 5: Hydrotherapy Healing, this skill is more like an “OMG IM ALMOST DEAD I NEED HEALING”-skill, so much of a first aid kid. You find your self in a difficuly position, almost dead, mobs chasing you, but Angels cant heal you on time? Use it! This will heal your for aprox. 600Hp

Dragon Shards

One of the things a lot of people tend to forget, the random shards you find. Yes they dont give that much of a boost, but atleast its something for free right? Exactly!

This isnt really that hard to think of, just put Psychical Damage Shards or Health Shards in your gear, whatever you chose! I mostly put Psychical Damage in my Weapon/Shield and HP in my gears.

Equipment

Suprise! You can wear equipment! Didnt know that, did you? Well you can. And those equipment can have extra stats to. (Like Ferocity, Strength, Constitution etc) And ofcourse, you want the best stats on your gear. I will line up the most 4 important stats, according to priority.

1: Constitution (HP gain duh!)

2: Physical Damage

3: Health (Yes, there are 2 health boosts)

4: Focus or Crit Strike

Survival Mode

As some people asked me in-game to do a part of survival mode! Well, here we go.

Survival mode, needs a whole different stats/masteries then the Constitution Archer.

As all the mobs will 1hit you, as all damage is fatal. You do NOT want HP at all, but damage all the way!

Stats:

As for stats in Survival, you will have 2 choices:

1: Either 1 Ferocity with 2 Focus

2: Either 2 Ferocity with 1 Focus

Just pick what you prefer, id prefer the first one. 

Masteries:

hrn4zq.png

Dragon Soul:

You want all the damage dragon soul skills you can.

Skills like "Blood Pumping" are the best to boost you attack.

Equipment:

As for equipment and shards, the only things you really want are:

1: Ferocity

2: Focus

3: Psychical Damage

4: Strength

5: Critical Hits

Same goes for the Shards, Damage and Crit only!

This is my guide so far. I hope a lot of people will get some good builds out of it.

I will try to update this when I figure out better builds or when new content will be released.

See you on the battlefield, Monstermadness

Edited by monstermadness, 16 June 2013 - 11:08.

Do not fear, monstermadness is here! :D
Release the monsters! FEAR THE MADNESS!

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server
-"Explorers" Hardcore Guildleader

#2 mythicoriginz

mythicoriginz

Dragon Novice

• 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 22:36

Very nice guide, helped me alot. Thank you!

#3 Hunter4all

Hunter4all

Dragon Novice

• 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:21

nice guide...but i wont start again my ranger, just because i went from the begining with 2STR-1FOCUS..its too late now.

What do you sugest i should do now ? i am level 22.

Should i continue going 2str  - 1 focus ? or should i start by adding the points to CON ( Constitution ) ? 

#4 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:58

nice guide...but i wont start again my ranger, just because i went from the begining with 2STR-1FOCUS..its too late now.

What do you sugest i should do now ? i am level 22.

Should i continue going 2str  - 1 focus ? or should i start by adding the points to CON ( Constitution ) ? 

its never to late to start adding Con to your build, it wont give you as much survivability as full con, but still quite a lot.

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#5 Ankath

Ankath

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 15:57

Nice Guide. I would like to know your opinion about Arcane Prison and the other Traps. Is it really worth something or just one more spell/skill wasting points and slots?

#6 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 16:29

Nice Guide. I would like to know your opinion about Arcane Prison and the other Traps. Is it really worth something or just one more spell/skill wasting points and slots?

I dont think traps are really good as a skill for ranger. As they are barely used in boss fights, and as a Solo AoEr, they can only be used in the starts, i think those points can be better put into other skills who gives some boosts

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#7 Grimmrog

Grimmrog

Dragon Fighter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:27

Oh very nice guide, but I have to admit, it supports what I experienced with Ranger: Its a q spamming class. And tbh, its extremely boring to play.

A question for those of you with laods of exoerience:

can the Ranger be an effective Pet class? Since the ranger has charimsa + Skill he can strenghten his dragons more than any other class. but since drgaons act stupig like non Ive ever seen. I am not sure if this makes any sense.

The ranger then would just stay in the background and support his pet by low dmg shooting.

Edited by Grimmrog, 10 June 2013 - 12:27.

#8 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:53

Oh very nice guide, but I have to admit, it supports what I experienced with Ranger: Its a q spamming class. And tbh, its extremely boring to play.

A question for those of you with laods of exoerience:

can the Ranger be an effective Pet class? Since the ranger has charimsa + Skill he can strenghten his dragons more than any other class. but since drgaons act stupig like non Ive ever seen. I am not sure if this makes any sense.

The ranger then would just stay in the background and support his pet by low dmg shooting.

At the moment im trying that build with 380 base charisma. When this tends to work good i will edit a guide or post a new one

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#9 Grimmrog

Grimmrog

Dragon Fighter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 13:01

380 base charisma o.O woahhh that sounds epic xD

but wait, attributes do also increase with lvl up? its just additional 3 I can choose freely to spend? otherwise, how to get such an amount of charisma?

#10 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 14:04

380 base charisma o.O woahhh that sounds epic xD

but wait, attributes do also increase with lvl up? its just additional 3 I can choose freely to spend? otherwise, how to get such an amount of charisma?

Rangers have a nice passive charisma buff. And its only those 3 points. Im full charisma at the moment to try it out

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#11 ARROGANTE

ARROGANTE

Dragon Novice

• 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 18:21

hello first let me say that yr guide is very good, and i would like to know why do you put yr mastery points in "heavy blow" at lvl 25 instead of "dexterity" in bow masteries?

#12 Eowyn

Eowyn

Dragon Rider

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:23

Great post Monstermadness and think it will realy help beginers.

This is what I am using as build as 2H bow I got Dextirity which gives an aditional 3% crit wich makes my crit 18% as to why i only have 1 point in stabelize is that i find that using it fills up my HP by 65-75% which i find more then enough.

When I'm not charisma build I try to get +-18%crit unbuffed and then spread the rest out over constitution and Focus.

What do you think about this? have you alrdy tried this?

As for DS skills I am using Lightwell, Bloodpumping, Howls of Anger, Hydrotherapy Healing and Replacement.

naamloosof.png

#13 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:32

hello first let me say that yr guide is very good, and i would like to know why do you put yr mastery points in "heavy blow" at lvl 25 instead of "dexterity" in bow masteries?

I dont think the "Dexterity" Mastery adds alot of damage. As it increases by like 5% and then maybe then gives Crit Chance of +4%? for just some amount of time, while Heavy Blow gives you 5% constant passive buff

Great post Monstermadness and think it will realy help beginers.

This is what I am using as build as 2H bow I got Dextirity which gives an aditional 3% crit wich makes my crit 18% as to why i only have 1 point in stabelize is that i find that using it fills up my HP by 65-75% which i find more then enough.

When I'm not charisma build I try to get +-18%crit unbuffed and then spread the rest out over constitution and Focus.

What do you think about this? have you alrdy tried this?

As for DS skills I am using Lightwell, Bloodpumping, Howls of Anger, Hydrotherapy Healing and Replacement.

Ok you ahve 18% Crit with dexterity up. Atm the moment im full charisma build and i have a base crit of 14%. So that gives you only 4% extra. Then it has over me. As you even have stat points into your Ferocity. So that means It gives you almost no benefits at all. (14%base without Dexterity or stat points, to 18% with dexterity and stat points). So i prefer to put that into other masteries or stats

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#14 Eowyn

Eowyn

Dragon Rider

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:34

Ok you ahve 18% Crit with dexterity up. Atm the moment im full charisma build and i have a base crit of 14%. So that gives you only 4% extra. Then it has over me. As you even have stat points into your Ferocity. So that means It gives you almost no benefits at all. (14%base without Dexterity or stat points, to 18% with dexterity and stat points). So i prefer to put that into other masteries or stats

Good Point atleast for when you are lvl'n survivebility counts more i suppose but then again 4%crit can change the outcome of a battle in survival mode since you don't need hp there but raw dmg a healthy brain to avoid stuff and good teamwork.

#15 GraveBear

GraveBear

Community Representative

• 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 16:11

Wow, loved this guide. I found this to be very helpful for me being I had not had a chance to test many of the builds for ranger. I personally think the 4% crit more helpful but I cant really say for sure being I am still fairly low of a level.

#16 Kyarak

Kyarak

Community Manager

• 4325 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 16:55

Wow, loved this guide. I found this to be very helpful for me being I had not had a chance to test many of the builds for ranger. I personally think the 4% crit more helpful but I cant really say for sure being I am still fairly low of a level.

Gratz on 100 posts Bear :D

Community Manager

Dragon's Prophet FAQ : DP Customer Support : Community Support : Skitter's Facebook

Please use the Report button when needed.

gh4q.gif

w6s3k2.png 5d751f.png 24vllrs.png 

#17 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:26

Thanks for the compliment! It feels good, to see someone like you a compliment haha! :)

The 4% crit is not really much of a big deal as it gives 4 shots out of the 100 you do more crit,

while you can gain up to  2-3k hp instead of that!

For survival, i say you, go for a ferocity/focus build, but for the other parts of dungeons and lvling con build, straight away!

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#18 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 22:37

Updated my guide with a surival mode topic at the bottom

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

#19 Eurydice

Eurydice

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 15:44

I believe not taking dragon's bite/stab talents with bow build is an huge mistake, it's a quite good skill. Probably maxed it's way too many points, but at least one point in both is a must have for bow builds.

Also, for those who have ferocity gear/stats build, dexterity is awesome as it boosts your damage quite a lot.

Edited by Eurydice, 15 June 2013 - 15:45.

#20 monstermadness

monstermadness

Fountain of Knowledge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:13

I believe not taking dragon's bite/stab talents with bow build is an huge mistake, it's a quite good skill. Probably maxed it's way too many points, but at least one point in both is a must have for bow builds.

Also, for those who have ferocity gear/stats build, dexterity is awesome as it boosts your damage quite a lot.

i kinda stated that those masteries are for leveling and im making another masterie page for Survival, with better bow masteries in including Dragon Bit. As you can spam Bite, why take stab? kinda useless.

And as i said dexterity is not good for a con build, as you want to take as many mobs as possible, AoE them and survive.

Read the full thread before posting pls

-Monstermadness
-Lvl60 Ranger
-Osira Server

Choose your language:

English Deutsch Français Spanish Polish Turkish