7 replies to this topic

#1 Tulkas

Tulkas

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 13:57

Hello skyhammers,

Guardian is heavily armored versatile fighter. Explore the immense world of Auratia playing guardian class will bring you a lot pleasure. Guardian is valuable member of any party/raid.

Last days of CB, spent testing str/cha build. End up as level 36, with 150 strength, 150 charisma, 4.7k P.def, 2,5k M.def and 2k HP. HP pool was supported by HP shards.Lotus dancing dragon, first flying dragon you can encounter in Satuma, was great companion. Managed to level up him to 17 level, and he acquired some beautiful combat skills. Together we created formidable force which stomped trough all dungeons of Satuma, Bakara and Leadis. It was really great journey.

I am keen admirer  of guardian class, equipped with sword and shield, using tanky build to survive any PvE situation. Hope we can share our thoughts here and help each other to have better understanding of this beautiful class.

Hope see you in-game when OB starts.

#2 Kiwilynn

Kiwilynn

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 20:05

Last 4 days, I spent testing guardian as a pure beast!
Starting off with putting my points in contribution and strength, later on to spend a little in focus to deal a little more damage against heavily armored monsters, swinging my 2handed sword to slaughter every foe in my path. Wasn't even remotely close to having a problem taking on 5+ monsters.. 

Ofc when it came to soloing dungeon bosses it was always nice to be on the safe side, having tamed a dragon with lightwell , you know, just to certain some of the kills without any problems at all

- Guardians are not only meant to guard you as meatshields ;)

Edited by Kiwilynn, 24 May 2013 - 20:05.

#3 xberserking

xberserking

Dragon Novice

• 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:26

i have been swinging my 2h sword around to alot but i think with open beta il go shield and a good 1h so i can tank later on in game

#4 Tulkas

Tulkas

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:35

Few words about my favorite dragounsoul elite spells:

• Blood pumping - 30% physical damage increase
    • Great skill versus tough enemies which are few levels above you (elite mops, Bosses)
  • Light wight - heals over time, heals you and your dragon 70 HP and 5 AP per sec, 5 sec
    • Awesome skill, which keep you and your dragon alive in any possible deadly situation. Dragon pet have to be in range to receive healing over time. Similar to Life re-flux spell.
    • Use it smart since stun and other cc skills could cancel your casting.
    • Increasing magic damage will produce greater benefits. There is two options:
      • Increase magical damage of your weapon trough equipment enhancement interface.
      • Use magical damage shards. I prefer to use HP shards on guardian. Use this option only if you badly needs better healing benefits.
      • Note: As lvl 36 guardian (55 INT min)  plus 1-h sword lvl 36,with enhance 400 m.dmg produce 165 HP per tick
  • Squama Protection - 15% pdef and mdef buff.
    • used to be 30% which was really imbalanced skill. Still OP from my point of view.
    • Great skill versus enemies with high  burst physical damage ().
  • Dragon Pint Delay - create circle around dragon which reduce targets health 100+ HP per sec. In addition slows down enemies within circle.
    • Have a lot of fun using this skill versus swarm of enemies, running around circle and watch them evaporated slowly. Good enough for fight versus Boss in small area (Aquan  boss, cave under waterfall).
    • Note: As soon as you use this skill it could drops significantly your FPS .

Edited by Tulkas, 01 June 2013 - 14:38.

#5 Tulkas

Tulkas

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 22:32

Get ready fearless guardians, swords and shields are sparkling in the dark. We are getting close.

13th warrior quotes will keep motivation high:

Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see...

My mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.

Lo, there do I see...

The line of my people...

Back to the beginning.

Lo, they do call to me.

They bid me take my place among them.

In the halls of Valhalla...

Where the brave...

May live...Forever.

#6 Kdarkiee

Kdarkiee

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:25

I never really figured out, i got to about level 26 or w/e, but how do i learn new dragon skills? like lightwell?

#7 Trollwoot

Trollwoot

Osiran Councilor

• 2216 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:50

Your dragon needs them, that unlocks it for you.

On Hiatus - had to ragequit because i play nothing else than guardian and can't draw at all.

963eb136cec42a14.png

My guide I wanna be the Ermahgerdian can be found here. I provide help via ingame support as well. However posting your concern or problem in the topic, or sending me a private message if it's urgent may lead to a faster solution.

#8 zingoz

zingoz

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:50

I never really figured out, i got to about level 26 or w/e, but how do i learn new dragon skills? like lightwell?

You need to catch new dragons to get new dragon soul skills.

Edited by zingoz, 29 May 2013 - 05:51.

You know it is bad when you get a headache from reading people's posts.

Choose your language:

English Deutsch Français Spanish Polish Turkish