• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kathi1206

kathi1206

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:19

Hi everyone, since a lot of people don't seem to know how to get these Combat Dragon Skills or Riding points, i am asking here for information.

I know there is a NPC (Dragon Riding Skill Manager) now in Arteicia where you can level these skills provided you have the required riding points.

Question is how to get those points? I keep checking while riding my dragon(s) but it stays on Zero. Any information in regards to this would be greatly appreciated. :)

#2 Kyarak

Kyarak

Community Manager

• 4280 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:56

Hey Kathi1206,

Currently, players are unable to gain these Riding Points while we fine-tune the system and get player feedback on the existing skills. (hence why they cost no in-game currency)

When these are implemented, our aim is to provide you with more of an incentive to fight with you dragons and the current concept is to have these points rewarded by fighting monsters with your dragon.

But for now, we want to fine-tune the system and listen to player feedback over the coming weeks.

Community Manager

Dragon's Prophet FAQ : DP Customer Support : Community Support : Skitter's Facebook

Please use the Report button when needed.

gh4q.gif

w6s3k2.png 5d751f.png 24vllrs.png 

#3 kathi1206

kathi1206

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:48

Hey Kathi1206,

Currently, players are unable to gain these Riding Points while we fine-tune the system and get player feedback on the existing skills. (hence why they cost no in-game currency)

When these are implemented, our aim is to provide you with more of an incentive to fight with you dragons and the current concept is to have these points rewarded by fighting monsters with your dragon.

But for now, we want to fine-tune the system and listen to player feedback over the coming weeks.

Thanks Kyarak for your fast reply. In the meantime i did figure out how to attach skills to all my dragons at the Riding Dragon Skill Manager, but my guess is they can only be used in the Sky Islands, will that be changed in the future?

#4 Kyarak

Kyarak

Community Manager

• 4280 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52

Thanks Kyarak for your fast reply. In the meantime i did figure out how to attach skills to all my dragons at the Riding Dragon Skill Manager, but my guess is they can only be used in the Sky Islands, will that be changed in the future?

For now i can't say as we are still discussing the finer details of this system.

*fingers crossed 

What do you think about Mounted Combat so far?

Community Manager

Dragon's Prophet FAQ : DP Customer Support : Community Support : Skitter's Facebook

gh4q.gif

#5 Zemial

Zemial

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:36

New ancient dragons were added to the flutes?

#6 Rikudou

Rikudou

Auratian Historian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2061 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:42

New ancient dragons were added to the flutes?

Hope so :D if not then Lunar Frost, Night Aqua and Shattered Rage should techniqually be available from flutes now. Could you confirm Kyarak? :)

#7 Rikudou

Rikudou

Auratian Historian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2061 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 15:40

Bump.

#8 Zemial

Zemial

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 16:33

Await response....

#9 kathi1206

kathi1206

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 19:28

For now i can't say as we are still discussing the finer details of this system.

*fingers crossed 

What do you think about Mounted Combat so far?

Can't say Kyarak since i haven't figured out how to use mounted combat. The skills i mentioned and had my dragons learn can only be used in Sky Islands, at least that't what it says when i click on them.

#10 kathi1206

kathi1206

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:17

Can't say Kyarak since i haven't figured out how to use mounted combat. The skills i mentioned and had my dragons learn can only be used in Sky Islands, at least that't what it says when i click on them.

Getting back at you Kyarak. lol

Is there a way to fight when mounted since you asked how i like it? At least i haven't figured out how to do that yet and I was wondering if anyone else has been able to? The available mounted dragon battle skills at this time can only be used in Sky Islands.

Another thing i would like to bring up at this time (couldn't find a thread about this issue) is the problem of mounting my dragons after combat. Even though combat is long over, it is even more difficult since new patch to mount my dragons due to a message saying i am still in combat but i am not. Will this be fixed in the near future because i know for a fact, this is annoying a lot of people. Would appreciate a reply to my questions and thanks in advance. :)

#11 LunarFrost

LunarFrost

Community Moderator

• 105 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:23

Another thing i would like to bring up at this time (couldn't find a thread about this issue) is the problem of mounting my dragons after combat. Even though combat is long over, it is even more difficult since new patch to mount my dragons due to a message saying i am still in combat but i am not. Will this be fixed in the near future because i know for a fact, this is annoying a lot of people. Would appreciate a reply to my questions and thanks in advance. :)

Yes, the team is trying quite hard to get a quick fix out for this, as it is an incredibly frustrating bug to deal with in a game about dragons. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Community Moderator

Dragon's Prophet FAQ | DP Customer Support | Community Support

Community Mods are volunteers and players just like you.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Infernum Productions or RuneWaker.

#12 Erisana

Erisana

Dragon Trainer

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:12

Yes, the team is trying quite hard to get a quick fix out for this, as it is an incredibly frustrating bug to deal with in a game about dragons. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Truer words were never written on this forum!  Good to know it's being taken seriously.  :)

Now....about this team who are working "quite" hard ......  if we all bake them cookies could they be persuaded to work REALLY hard on the fix?   :unsure:

And is there any chance they'd work Saturday for some extra special double choc chip?  :lol:

#13 Kyarak

Kyarak

Community Manager

• 4280 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22

Truer words were never written on this forum!  Good to know it's being taken seriously.  :)

Now....about this team who are working "quite" hard ......  if we all bake them cookies could they be persuaded to work REALLY hard on the fix?   :unsure:

And is there any chance they'd work Saturday for some extra special double choc chip?  :lol:

I accept only Pandas :)

We aim to bring you a hotfix soon, as for when i cannot say but it you shouldn't be waiting too long as we are aware of the current critical issues and want to have these fixed for you asap.

Community Manager

gh4q.gif

#14 Lucanthanas

Lucanthanas

Dragon Fighter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:04

As for mounted combat, the 3d part of it (fighting in flying dragons) makes it kind of hard to master (I've only made a few duels with a friend in the sky islands).

I like it, but I hate the fact that all the ancient dragons share the same mounted combat skills and that there is no way to customize those skills (like the regular dragon skills).

I'm also yet to understand what one of the buffs do (the one that requires the whole bar to be full - don't remember the name).

One thing I think is that this is not actually mounted combat, but "control your mount" combat. As in, the character is not using any skills but the dragon's skills. Rangers are not using their bows, etc...

Some class specific skills would be a nice addition besides the dragon specific ones.

#15 Blaze925

Blaze925

Dragon Novice

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:12

There is also a bug in how high you can fly in some areas! If you fly pass them good no problem but go on the ground and try to take off well that is something you just can not do cus dragon will go only as high as it can jump than glide to the floor kind of frustrating at times when you want to stop combat and just fly away.

Choose your language:

English Deutsch Français Spanish Polish Turkish