Dragon Types

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vizen

Vizen

Dragon Novice

• 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 15:56

Now i'v seen in the Video's posted that some dragons will move faster on land in the air, be better for dps and tanking etc, but is there any evidence of different dps types.

For example, a ranged DPS dragon, a caster/support dragon so far all the ones iv seen seem to engage in melee but maybe someones seem something i haven't, id love a caster based dragon.

#2 Skuggar

Skuggar

Dragon Novice

• 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 16:54

Now i'v seen in the Video's posted that some dragons will move faster on land in the air, be better for dps and tanking etc, but is there any evidence of different dps types.

For example, a ranged DPS dragon, a caster/support dragon so far all the ones iv seen seem to engage in melee but maybe someones seem something i haven't, id love a caster based dragon.

I don't think there is any news about that ... There are only lore-based types of dragons thus far. Eternal Dragons, Legendary Dragons and the Dragonkin, Dragonkin being the ones we tame :) Nothing on what the skills will be etc. 
You should probably hope a guy from the beta sees this and he will hopefully answer your question . 

"The different Dragonkin possess very individual, basic abilities such as flying or diving as well as a row of more specific ones which can determine the effect of certain skills. For instance, some of them will know best how to use elementary forces against opponents while others efficiently claw through thick armor. Besides these passive skills which dragons use independently, there are some others that they share with you. Once you have forged an agreement with a dragon, some of its skills will be available to you, even if it is not actively taking part in a fight. Thus, you should carefully choose how to combine your dragons’ skills in order to take advantage of all effects in the best possible way. Using skills will need a certain amount of Dragon Soul when activated. Even though this energy source regenerates quite quickly, remember that your dragon needs it to make use of its skills as well. As soon as all Dragon Soul is used up, a dragon will withdraw from battle until it can be summoned again. Active dragon skills are disabled when a dragon is staying in the Lair." 

Judging by there will be different strengths/weaknesses in every dragon !

EDIT: There is NDA in place so probably no beta tester will help you :P 

Edited by Skuggar, 25 March 2013 - 17:05.

#3 Teslovik

Teslovik

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 16:00

Ok so i've been searching in the internet for information on this topic and I have found Something that might be interesting.

This is a recap on information that can be found here http://www.mmocultur...#prettyphoto/7/ .

To save your time this is how it's going to look:

As there is no official number yet, but according to exclusive presentation slides, there are currently 8 different types of dragons. Each slide represents the dragon class:

1) Heavy (thick outer skin, able to carry heavy weights)

Dragons-Prophet-Heavy-dragon.jpg

2) Predator (balance in both speed and attack)

Dragons-Prophet-Predator-dragon.jpg

3) Rush (fastest land travel speed, hunts in numbers)

Dragons-Prophet-Rush-dragon.jpg

4) Flying (rulers of the skies, the only dragon type with which can fly other than Ancients)

Dragons-Prophet-Flying-dragon.jpg

5) Gliding (gliding ability due to body structure, ambushes prey)

Dragons-Prophet-Gliding-dragon.jpg

6) Aqua (strong jaws and moves fastest in the water)

Dragons-Prophet-Aqua-dragon.jpg

7) Bug (a type with various alternative looks and abilities)

Dragons-Prophet-Insect-dragon.jpg

8) Ancients (rarest dragon type, able to fly)

Dragons-Prophet-Ancient-dragon.jpg

You can catch them and train (as the presentation suggests). Keep in mind that Ancient dragons might (logically) be the end-game dragons, while the others can be caught early in the game.

P.S. Hope this helped!

#4 Ghoul

Ghoul

Auratian Historian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2022 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 18:44

please look at this post :P

http://www.dragonspr...dragon-classes/

i know its old and poorly translated xD

85d410d5f9217275.png

“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
G.K. Chesterton

#5 Teslovik

Teslovik

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 19:47

please look at this post :P

http://www.dragonspr...dragon-classes/

i know its old and poorly translated xD

Oh...when i used search it gave me this thread...and it was empty. I hope this official info just make your thread complete and helpfull. + this post has a picture of Ancient dragon :) I was only trying to help....as always! :D

#6 Ghoul

Ghoul

Auratian Historian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2022 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 20:22

No worries :P

its been soooooo long ago i even had trouble finding that post :P

85d410d5f9217275.png

“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
G.K. Chesterton

#7 Traithe

Traithe

Dragon Tamer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:01

Really would like to see some ranged/caster type dragons. Plenty of examples from other games/media have dragons breathing fire/ice/lightning and all sorts of breath weapons/ ranged attacks.

As you say, the fire-breathing type of dragons may be the ancients/later game dragons that you encounter.

Dragons with fire breathing (or similar) would fit right in and add some nice ranged options - not to mention making aerial combat a bit more likely.

Choose your language:

English Deutsch Français Spanish Polish Turkish